5 Healthy Salads
Now that Spring has sprung, and Summer is fast approaching, fresh produce is plentiful and there are numerous options to choose from. Not only are people gearing up for swimsuit season but getting in your fresh fruits and vegetables helps increase vital nutrients and fiber which can add to your health (and even longevity). So, we’ve found five delicious and inspiring healthy salads to motivate you to add one to your mealtime this week.
- The first recipe we recommend is one that’s packed with nutritious and filling greens along with cheese and herbs. Click HERE for this tasty asparagus, snap pea and radish salad recipe. Yum!
- Now, if you like juicy peaches, avocados and a little spice to your dish, then this next salad recipe is the one for you. Not only will you enjoy it, but it’s a great option to make and take to that summertime barbecue you’re planning on attending. This delicious salad is also a fantastic option to take as your lunch: the medley of flavors will help wake you up for a productive afternoon. Click HERE for the full recipe.
- What’s not to love about our next featured recipe? “Orange-Olive Romaine Salad with Fennel Vinaigrette” is sure to please even the most finicky eaters. Full of fresh and flavorful ingredients, it also contains healthy fats which are not only good for you but will keep you feeling satisfied. Click HERE for this Summer salad recipe.
- As if the range of ingredients and combinations wasn’t enough to inspire you, this next recipe will have your taste buds dancing (well, sort of). This is another salad option that is a unique one to take to a gathering or bring for lunch. Click HERE for the lemon quinoa mint salad recipe. Enjoy!
- Last up is a lentil salad that’s not only a tasty dish here but is also popular in Italy – where Lubrigyn products are produced. Lentils pack a protein punch, too, so it will keep you feeling full after eating it. Click HERE for this scrumptious dish that includes lentils, fresh onions and tomatoes and flavorful herbs. Hints for this particular recipe link: Right click on the page and select “Translate to English” and then Google the conversion formulas to get the right amounts.
Regardless of your location or tastes, be sure to take advantage of all the fresh produce this season and fill your plate with a range of colorful fruits and vegetables: Aim for 7+ or more per day. Your skin and body will benefit!
As an added bonus, if you’re looking for a traditional summer salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, then click HERE and enjoy! Happy, healthy summertime season to you and yours!